Volunteer and Internship Opportunities with the Latino Health Initiative
The Latino Health Initiative:
- Seeks to improve the quality of life of Latinos living in Montgomery County by contributing to the development and implementation of a culturally and linguistically competent health system that address the Latino community needs.
- Conceives health and wellness as the balance of the physical, mental, spiritual, and social and as such, it believes that health needs have to be addressed in a comprehensive fashion that takes into account the social determinants of health to address the health disparities and adopt systematic changes that benefit the health of the entire community.
All Latino Health Initiative programs and activities:
- Are rooted in community-based participatory processes.
- Utilize popular education methods to enhance participation and ownership.
- Engage participants and partners in collective problem solving and action.
JOIN the Latino Heath Initiative today to get experience in the:
- Social determinants of health, healthcare systems, and health-related policies.
- Development and implementation of culturally and linguistically competent programs
- Community-based participatory and popular education processes.
Volunteer at the Latino Health Initiative!
To learn about exciting volunteer and internship opportunities, contact:
Luis Rolando Aguirre
Viviana A. Ortiz