Montgomery Country, Maryland Latino Residents: a Socio-Demographic Profile
Montgomery County is the most diverse county in Maryland.
Latinos in Montgomery County are:
- Growing and diverse
- Geographically concentrated
- Younger than average
- Speakers of a language other than English at home
Latinos in Montgomery County have:
- Larger families than average
- Educational challenges
- Economic challenges
As the Latino population continues to grow, its contributions to the County’s economic, political, social, and cultural landscape will continue to increase. Accordingly, County services must reflect evolving demographics and health-related trends.
- American Community Survey, U.S. Census Bureau.
Available at: http://www.census.gov/acs/www/
- Blueprint for Latino Health in Montgomery County Maryland, 2008-2012.
Latino Health Initiative.
Available at: http://www.lhiinfo.org/
- Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Research and Technology Center, 2000 U.S. Census, The Hispanic Community in Montgomery County, August 2004.
Available at: http://www.montgomeryplanning.org/research/
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
Available at: http://www.dllr.state.md.us/lmi/
- University of Maryland College Park School of Public Health.
Cultural Competency in Healthcare Website
Available at: http://sph.umd.edu/epib/cultural_competency/DataAndStatistics.html