Invites you to commit to a healthier life!
Ama Tu Vida is a campaign to promote optimal health and wellness within the Latino community. As part of the campaign, each year the Latino Health Initiative sponsors the Ama Tu Vida Health Festival and Soccer Tournament. The campaign also develops informational resources to encourage community members to adopt life-long disease prevention and health promotion habits to improve their physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Each of us is encouraged to celebrate elements of Ama Tu Vida every day. Additionally, as part of the campaign, each year the Latino Health Initiative sponsors the Ama Tu Vida Health Festival.
Ama Tu Vida campaign activities are held at different locations.
Health is more than the absence of disease. Health is the state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
Ama Tu Vida accomplishes its goals by:
- Celebrating Latino culture, beliefs, spirituality, and healthy food.
- Providing information on disease prevention and health promotion services and efforts offered by Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Offering free health screening services (cholesterol, blood pressure, vision, hearing, HIV, glucose, cardiovascular function, hepatitis B) during the annual Health Festival.
- Serving as a point of entry to the healthcare system for individuals with abnormal health screening results
Ama Tu Vida reaches about 4,000 uninsured and underinsured Latino residents each year with the help of the following partners:
- Offices of the County Executive, Office of Community Partnerships
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- Montgomery County Department of Recreation
- 30 other participating agencies
To learn how you and your family can adopt life-long health promotion and disease prevention habits to improve your physical, emotional, and spiritual health, contact: