The System Navigator and Interpreter Program facilitates access to high quality, culturally and linguistically competent health, medical, and human services.
To improve the health and wellbeing of the Latino immigrant community residing in Montgomery County.
The System Navigator and Interpreter Program accomplishes its goals by:
- Managing a bilingual health services information line that provides information about health, medical, and human services in Montgomery County and ways to access these services.
- The information line uses an Internet-based database of health, medical, and human services and resources.
- The information specialist:
- Provides callers with information on services.
- Facilitates callers’ navigation through the healthcare system.
- Listens, analyzes, and records incoming inquiries as input for further database development.
- Providing professional medical interpretation in a culturally competent manner to facilitate access to healthcare services.
- Professional medical interpreters work directly with community members and clinics serving uninsured and underinsured individuals and providers to ensure that services are provided in a linguistically and culturally competent manner.
- Interpreters serve as client advocates and report culturally incompetent care they may encounter during their work.
This program, funded by the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services’ Latino Health Initiative and managed by CASA of Maryland, serves low-income uninsured Latinos and others residing in Montgomery Country.
To learn how to get involved in the
System Navigator and Interpreter Program, contact:
Bilingual Health Services Information Line: 301-270-8432